MasterSeal® NP 125
MasterSeal® NP 125
One-component, elastomeric, thermoplastic sealant and adhesive
FORMERLY SONOLASTIC® CLEAR 25™
MasterSeal NP 125 is a one-component, high-performance, non-priming, thermoplastic sealant and adhesive. It requires no mixing and bonds tenaciously to common building materials, including concrete and clay roof tiles, metal flashings and masonry.
Gun Grade: 300ml (10.1 fl. oz.) in either composite or plastic cartridges
– Composite cartridge: 12 or 24 per carton
– Plastic cartridge: 12 per carton (for clear only)
A 1⁄2″ round bead will yield approximately
7.7 linear feet (2.35 m) per cartridge
Store in original, unopened containers away from heat and direct sunlight. Storing at elevated temperatures will reduce the shelf life.
Plastic Cartridges: 18 months when properly stored
Composite Cartridges: 2 years when properly stored
315g/L for gun grade
410g/L for brush grade
less water and exempt solvents
MasterSeal NP 125 is a one-component thermoplastic rubber.
• ASTM C 920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 12.5, Use T, NT, M, A and O
• Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class B
• One-component formula requires no mixing prior to use
• Fast tack-free time. Reaches ultimate performance properties within 7 days.
• Superior adhesive strength provides long lasting bonds to a wide variety of substrates. (see application section for more information)
• Wide temperature range is suitable for exterior use in all climates
• Compatible with most non rigid paints and can be painted
• Painted Metals
• Composite Materials
• Acrylic Glass
• PVDF Coatings
• Asphalt Roof Shingles
• Sheet roofing
• Liquid applied roofs
• Metal roofs
• Shingled and tiled roofs
• Between adjacent layers of roof tile
• Sealing edge and ridge tiles
• Penetration seals
• Skylight frames
• Termination bars and reglets
• Parapet expansion joints
• Lap seals in metal roof assemblies
• Sealing wood forms
|Service temperature range,
° F (° C)
|40 to 180 (-40 to 82)|
Joint Width and Sealant Depth
|JOINT WIDTH||SEALANT DEPTH IN (MM) AT MIDPOINT, IN (MM)|
|1⁄4–1⁄2 (6–13)||1⁄4 (6)|
|1⁄2–3⁄4 (13–19)||1⁄4–3⁄8 (6–10)|
|3⁄4–1 (19–25)||3⁄8–1⁄2 (10–13)|
|1–11⁄2 (25–38)||1⁄2 (13)|
|Movement capability, %||± 12.5||ASTM C 719|
|Tensile strength, psi (MPa)
7 days 422(2.91)
|ASTM D 412|
|Ultimate elongation at break, %||560||ASTM D 412|
|Elongation strength, %
|ASTM D 412|
|Rheological, (sag in vertical displacement) at 120° F (49° C)||No sag||ASTM C 639|
|Extrusion rate, g/sec:||75g/sec||ASTM C 603|
|Hardness, Shore A
at 70F and 50%RH
|40–45||ASTM C 661|
|Weight loss, after heat aging, %||< 10||ASTM C 792|
|Cracking and chalking,
after heat aging
|None||ASTM C 792|
|Tack-free time, min||15 min||ASTM C 679|
|Stain and color change||No visible stain||ASTM C 510|
|Adhesion in peel*, pli||17||ASTM C 794|
Xenon arc, 500 hours
|No surface cracking||ASTM C 793|
HOW TO APPLY
- The product may be used in sealant joints designed in accordance with SWR Institute’s Sealants—The Professional’s Guide.
- In optimum conditions, the depth of the sealant should be ½ the width of the joint. The sealant joint depth (measured at the center) should always fall between the maximum depth of ½” and the minimum depth of ¼”.
- When using as a roof tile adhesive, make sure surfaces are clean and dry.
New and weathered wood must be clean, dry and sound. Scrape away loose paint to bare wood. Any coatings on wood must be tested to verify adhesion of sealant or to determine an appropriate primer.
Remove scale, rust and loose coatings from metal to expose a bright white surface. Any coatings on metal must be tested to verify adhesion of sealant or to determine an
- MasterSeal NP 125 comes ready to use. Apply using professional grade caulking gun. Do not open cartridges or cans until preparatory work has been completed.
- Apply a bead of MasterSeal NP 125 sufficient enough in size to make a bond between the two substrates.
- For roofing roofing applications, ensure a sufficient amount of MasterSeal NP 125 is applied to make a bond between the two tiles on the upper surface of the downslope tile. Then install the upslope tile and press into the bead of MasterSeal NP 125 to ensure good contact between the adhesive and both tiles.
- Install the upslope tile and press into the bead of MasterSeal NP 125 to ensure good contact between the adhesive and both tiles.
The cure of MasterSeal NP 125 varies with temperature and humidity. The following times assume 75° F (24° C), 50% relative humidity, and a joint ½” width by ¼” depth (13 by 6 mm).
– Skins: 10–15 minutes
– Full cure: approximately 2 weeks
- Immediately after use, clean equipment with MasterSeal 990 or xylene. Use proper precautions when handling solvents.
- Remove cured sealant by cutting with a sharp-edged tool.
- Remove thin films by abrading.
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE
• In cool or cold weather, store container at room temperature for at least 24 hours before using.
• Do not apply over freshly treated wood; treated wood must have weathered for at least 6 months.
• Not for use in glazing applications. Do not apply on glass and plastic glazing panels.
• MasterSeal NP 125 can be applied below freezing temperatures only if substrates are completely dry, free of moisture and clean. Contact Technical Service for more information.
• Lower temperatures and humidities will extend curing times.
• Pursuant to accepted industry standards and practices, using rigid paints and/or coatings over flexible sealants can result in a loss of adhesion of the applied paint and/ or coating, due to the potential movement of the sealant. However, should painting and/or coating be desired, it is required that the applicator of the paint and/or coating conduct on-site testing to determine compatibility and adhesion.
• Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by Master Builders Solutions personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations only and not for supervising or providing quality control on the jobsite.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY:
Call CHEMTEL +1 (800) 255-3924 or if outside the US or Canada, +1 (813) 248-0585.
LIMITED WARRANTY NOTICE
Master Builders Solutions Construction Systems US, LLC (“Master Builders”) warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects and to meet the technical properties on the current Technical Data Guide, if used as directed within shelf life. Satisfactory results depend not only on quality products but also upon many factors beyond our control. MASTER BUILDERS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. The sole and exclusive remedy of Purchaser for any claim concerning this product, including but not limited to, claims alleging breach of warranty, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, is shipment to purchaser of product equal to the amount of product that fails to meet this warranty or refund of the original purchase price of product that fails to meet this warranty, at the sole option of Master Builders. Any claims concerning this product must be received in writing within one (1) year from the date of shipment and any claims not presented within that period are waived by Purchaser. MASTER BUILDERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. Purchaser must determine the suitability of the products for the intended use and assumes all risks and liabilities in connection therewith. This information and all further technical advice are based on Master Builders’ present knowledge and experience. However, Master Builders assumes no liability for providing such information and advice including the extent to which such information and advice may relate to existing third party intellectual property rights, especially patent rights, nor shall any legal relationship be created by or arise from the provision of such information and advice. Master Builders reserves the right to make any changes according to technological progress or further developments. The Purchaser of the Product(s) must test the product(s) for suitability for the intended application and purpose before proceeding with a full application of the product(s). Performance of the product described herein should be verified by testing and carried out by qualified experts
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR SALE TO OR USE BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC.